Monday, June 23, 2008

Viewer alert: Jewel on Great American Country

Recording artist and Nashville Star judge Jewel will invite viewers to her ranch in Stephenville, Texas, when Great American Country showcases the singer on an episode of the cable network’s Origins series at 9 pm EDT Saturday, June 28. According to a network press release, "GAC cameras go on a guided tour of the multi-platinum selling artist’s Stephenville home she shares with rodeo legend Ty Murray, who also appears in the episode. Jewel demonstrates her cowgirl showmanship while riding her horses and she proudly allows the cameras into the couple’s saddle barn and newly renovated home studio."

But wait, there's more: During the program, Jewel will perform acoustic versions of cuts from her top-selling country album, Perfectly Clear, and talk about the strong family influences in her music.

"At the heart of it all,” Jewel says, “ I’m the daughter of pioneers and homesteaders. I was raised on a remote ranch in Alaska, and grew up listening to my father’s cowboy music and songwriting by campfire during our summer cattle drives. That lifestyle became the foundation to everything I’ve achieved in my life since -- and I’ve exceeded every expectation I’ve ever had for myself. It’s such an honor to be able to make a living writing and singing the music that I love. I still work every day to maintain the things I care about and to uphold the proud pioneer spirit of my family.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do I feel like her jacket is staring at me?!?

Joe Leydon said...

Er, because it is?

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha!!
It actually does look like it's staring =]

X